Looking for HopOn Canada coaches in Yukon
Cycling Association of Yukon (CAY) is recruiting coaches for Yukon’s pilot of the HopOn kids cycling program scheduled to take place in Whitehorse through May and June 2021.
If you would like to share your enthusiasm for cycling with kids in Whitehorse and are interested in part-time work this summer, keep reading!
What is HopOn?
- HopOn is a nationally organized games-based cycling program that teaches school-aged kids across Canada the joy of cycling safely.
- HopOn is supported by Cycling Canada.
- The Yukon program will be run for kids aged 6 to 7, 8 to 10 and 11 to 12 years old.
Who are we looking for?
- CAY is recruiting youth coaches to deliver 6 HopOn sessions (once per week) in May and June 2021.
- Coaching involves demonstrating bike skills and activities, helping and encouraging kids with their bike skills and ensuring participant safety during the sessions.
- CAY is recruiting 1 adult experienced program leader to coordinate the registration of program participants, schedule the sessions, ensure all sessions are staffed and be the point of contact for all HopOn program inquiries.
- You will also be supported by CAY board members if needed.
How much will you be paid?
You will be paid $30 per session by CAY.
What’s the commitment?
Take the training
- Take our required online training courses in March or early April.
- Coaches are to complete training in April 2021.
- Training costs will be covered by CAY.
- Sessions will run for 6 weeks from May to June 2021.
- 1 session per week, after school.
- Whitehorse location, to be determined.
If you would like to join our Yukon HopOn team or have any questions about the program, contact email@example.com.