Terms and conditions
Last update: March 4, 2021
About this website
This website is operated by Cycling Association of Yukon (CAY) under the domain names “www.yukoncycling.com” and “www.yukoncycling.ca” (“CAY Websites”).
Links to other websites
The CAY Websites may contain links to other websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites”). Any such links are provided for convenience only. CAY does not endorse, approve of or recommend those Third Party Websites, and is not responsible for the information, graphics and material they contain (“Third Party Material”).
All offers to sell and statements relating to goods and services available on Third Party Websites are the responsibility of and given by the Third Party Website operator. In so far as such offers and statements are made on the CAY Websites, such offers and statements are made by CAY on behalf of the Third Party Website operator. CAY expressly disclaims acting in any other respect on behalf of Third Party Website operators.
Subject to any rights at law which cannot be excluded, CAY makes no warranties or representations:
- About the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of Third Party Material or products or services available through Third Party Websites; or that Third Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
- By linking Material on this website to Third Party Material, CAY does not authorize the re-production of Third Party Material. If you download software from a Third Party Website, use of that software may be subject to a licence agreement between you and the Third Party Website operator. To the extent permitted by law, CAY accepts no responsibility or liability for that software.
- CAY may receive payments from operators of Third Party Websites in relation to goods or services supplied by the operator as a result of you linking to the Third Party Website from the CAY Websites.
Product information and supply
Material on this website may contain general information about CAY or related party products and services. Unless expressly stated otherwise, this information:
- Does not constitute an offer or inducement to enter into a legally binding contract; does not form part of the terms and conditions for CAY or related party products and services; and is not intendedto be financial advice and does not take into account any user’s objectives, financial situation or needs.
- All information is subject to change without notice. CAY recommends that you seek independent advice before acting upon Material on this website or Third Party Material. For further information about a particular product or service please contact CAY by email email@example.com.
- All applications for credit are subject to CAY’s normal credit approval criteria.
- Unless expressly agreed otherwise, products and services referred to on the CAY Websites will be provided only to Canadian residents. These products and services are generally not available to non-Canadian residents because they may not comply with non-Canadian laws.
While we have made every effort to ensure that information is free from error, CAY does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy, suitability or completeness of Material on the CAY Websites.
Use of the CAY Websites is at your own risk. CAY does not guarantee that the CAY Websites or Third Party Websites will be free from viruses, that the CAY Websites will be available, or that access to the CAY Websites or Third Party Websites will be uninterrupted.
You are responsible for taking appropriate precautions for the protection of your computer system and data.
Limitation of liability
Subject to any rights implied by law which cannot be excluded, CAY is not liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), statute or otherwise, for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims or expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs), direct or indirect, whatsoever arising out of or referable to:
- Your use of the CAY Websites;
- Material on this website;
- Your use of Third Party Websites; or
- Third Party Material.
CAY’s liability for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law orotherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent possible, at CAY’s option, to:
- The supply of the goods or services again;
- The repair of the goods; or
- The cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
Your use of and access to the CAY Websites may be terminated at any time by CAY without notice. All restrictions, licences granted by you and all disclaimers and limitations of liability by CAY will survive termination.
Unless otherwise stated, the information on the CAY Websites is provided in compliance with Canadian law and is only intended for persons within Canadian. The CAY Websites may not comply with the laws of countries other than Canada and is not directed at, and should not be relied upon by, persons in any other country.
Copyright and trademarks
Copyright in the Material on this website is owned by or licensed to CAY.
You must not use any trademark displayed on the CAY Websites in any way without our express written consent.
Privacy and the use of the website
CAY does not collect any personal information about you when you use the CAY Websites unless:
- you provide it to us by completing an online application or online form or supplying us with your email address; or
- you log on and use the services available on the CAY Websites.
CAY may also use third parties to collect statistical information to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising. Any third party involved in this process will not collect personal information.
If you use a link from the CAY Websites to a Third Party Website, the Third Party Website operator is responsible for the security and privacy of your information when you are viewing that website.
Our use of “cookies”
“Cookies” are small files of data that reside on your computer and allow us to recognise you as a CAY Websites user if you return to the CAY Websites using the same computer and browser or otherwise use the CAY Websites.