2023 Canadian XCM MTB Championships
Last update: September 2, 2023
Cycling Association of Yukon, in collaboration with Cycling Canada is hosting the 2023 Canadian XCM MTB Championships in Whitehorse from September 1 to 3, 2023.
Mountain bike athletes from across Canada will be looking to secure Canadian titles in the Cross-Country Marathon (XCM) discipline.
The first person to cross the line will be awarded the coveted maple leaf jersey and will become the new Canadian Champion.
2023 Yukon XC MTB Championships
For those with a CAY membership and living in the Yukon, this event will also serve as the 2023 Yukon XC MTB Championships.
We acknowledge, honour and give thanks that we are able to host the Canadian Cross-Country Marathon Mountain Bike Championships on the traditional territory of the Kwanlin Dün First Nation and the Ta’an Kwäch’än Council.
What's on this page
- Register for event
- Technical Guide and Race Book
- Yukon Bike Fest
- Discount codes for flights and accommodations
- Thank you to our sponsors and funding partners
- How to sponsor
- How to volunteer
- Contact us
1. Register for event
Course distance and difficulty
There are 2 courses.
For most everyone, the course is about 30 km. This includes all of the categories except U13. Depending on the category entered, the total distance will either be 30 km, 60 km (2 laps) or 90 km (3 laps).
For the youngest racers (U13) the course is 20 km and excludes the most difficult sections of Rock Lobster.
There will also be ride-arounds for the more challenging features on course.
30 km route
20 km route
2. Technical Guide and Race Book
Download PDF (last updated August 28, 2023)
3. Yukon Bike Fest
We have planned Yukon Bike Fest: a series of fun events to make the days before and after into a celebration of people riding bikes.
Come early in the week, explore our trails, then race and enjoy what the Yukon has to offer.
- Saturday, August 26: Velonorth GRMB
- Tuesday, August 29: Medicine Chest Dirt Girls Group Ride
- Wednesday, August 30: Youth Ride with the Pros
- Wednesday, August 30: Mount Sima Slamfest
- Thursday, August 31: Terra Riders Shuttle Night
- Friday, September 1: XCM practice day
- Saturday, September 2: XCM practice day, Kids Cookie Criterium and Canadian XCM MTB Championships Welcome Reception including Together on the Trail film premiere
- Saturday, September 2 and Sunday, September 3: Barrel Sider Invitational Bike Polo Tournament
- Sunday, September 3: Canadian XCM MTB Championships and challenge category races. An on-site community expo will feature local vendors, youth and kids activities, Winterlong Brewing Beer Garden, free pizza from Domino's Pizza, free Timbits and coffee from Tim Horton's and much more!
- Monday, September 4: President's Gravel Recovery Ride and volunteer party at Winterlong Brewing
4. Discount codes for flights and accommodations
Air North "Yukon’s Airline” is on board to get you to Whitehorse this summer with an exclusive 10% off promo code for all participants. To book visit ﬂyairnorth.com before August 15 and enter the promo code. Email email@example.com to receive a copy of the coupon code. You can also call 1-800-661-0407 to reserve over the phone.
Air North allows up to two free carry-on bags with your ﬂight purchase. Get more information about baggage and carry-ons.
Flying with bikes
Bikes are not considered “checked-baggage” and will be charged a fee of $52.50 to $56.50 including applicable tax. Bikes must be prepared for travel and packed in a hard-sided case or box. Air North is not responsible for any damage incurred in transit due to improper packing, and acceptance may be refused by an Air North agent if they deem the item is not suitably prepared. Bikes are accepted on a space-available basis.
Please call ahead to 1-867-668-2228 if you plan to ﬂy with your bike to reserve your spot.
Other transport options for your bike are listed in the Race Book.
Our friends at Neighbourly North have a variety of accommodations in local area neighbourhoods for 5 night or more stays. Upon event registration, a 10% discount code will be sent to event participants.
We've arranged for a block of rooms from August 31 to September 4 at the Best Western Gold Rush in downtown Whitehorse. Phone 1-867-668-4500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation. Use XMC2023 promo code to get the special rate.
We also have secured a block of rooms during the same period at the Sternwheeler Hotel in downtown Whitehorse. Phone 867-393-9700 or email email@example.com to make your reservation and get the special rate.
Find a local host
Important: CAY is only providing this information as a courtesy. We are not doing background checks on hosts. It is the responsibility of you as the participant to connect with any potential host and make a match.
More accommodation options
For a full list of accommodations, visit travelyukon.com.
5. Thank you to our sponsors and funding partners
6. How to sponsor
We've already lined up some amazing sponsors (thank you!) but are always looking for more.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent our sponsorship package.
7. How to volunteer
If you're interested in helping participate as a volunteer, we'd love your help. Thank you so much.
Fill out our form and we'll add your information to our system. Next, watch for emails from our team.
8. Contact us
If you have questions about registration or the Canadian XCM MTB Championships, email email@example.com. Expect a response within 72 hours.