Cadence Cycle Monster Enduro
Event type(s)Mountain bike: Enduro
Organizer Cycling Association of Yukon
Insurance coverage Included with CAY membership
The Cadence Cycle Monster Enduro is a fun event with timed downhill sections and un-timed but mandatory uphills. The course will be a variety of Whitehorse's prime singletrack trails including challenging descents.
This event is intended for intermediate and better riders.
A portion of each event registration will be donated to CMBC to help maintain and build new trails on Grey Mountain.
Thanks to our sponsor Cadence Cycle for helping us make this event happen!
- We start at the parking lot before B&S on Grey Mountain and will ride up to Easy Money together in waves of no more than 10 riders at a time due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Stage 1: Start at the bench on Easy Money and ride More Money, Payback, SFD and end at Cantlie Lake Road. Riders leave at 1 minute intervals
- Un-timed ride up Cantlie Road to Grey Mountain Road, then to El Camino parking, Magnusson Green, Downtown Boogaloo, Go T, Dream Trail and Mother T
- Stage 2: Start at the top of Mother T and ride the Fat Tire link, end at bottom of Magnusson Pink. Riders leave at 1 minute intervals
- Un-timed ride up Magnusson Red, Downtown Boogaloo, Go T and Dream Trail. Required break at Gnarwall
- Stage 3: Start at Gnarwall and ride Rehab, Go T, Downtown Boogaloo, Boogaloo Heights, Upper Boogaloo, gravel hill and down to the Magnussion trailhead parking lot. Riders leave at 1 minute intervals
- We finish at the Magnusson trailhead. View location on map
- Total distance of about 30 km
See map for details. Pink are timed sections and blue are un-timed sections.
There is a limit of 50 entry spots available, so register today!
- We will be using timing equipment. You will be required to carry a small timing stick and dip it at each of the start locations, then return to us at the finish
- Riders will leave at 1 minute intervals on downhill sections
We start at the parking lot near B&S on Grey Mountain Road. We finish at Magnusson trailhead parking lot also on Grey Mountain Road.
Event start and finish times
- We start at 11 a.m. and plan to be done by 4:30 p.m.
- Meet at the parking lot near B&S on Grey Mountain Road ready to ride by 10:30 a.m.
- There will be a mandatory riders meeting at 10:40 a.m.
- With a total distance of 30 km and some of Whitehorse’s more challenging descents, you have to be at least 15 years old to participate
Adults (17 and older) are $20. You also need a CAY membership ($45) to participate.
Youth (under 17) are $20. You also need a CAY membership ($30) to participate. You must be at least 15 years old to enter.
What you’ll get with your registration
As part of your registration you will receive:
- A Cadence Cycle Monster Enduro race plate for your bike
- Snacks will be provided by Cadence Cycle at the start of Stage 3 (Gnarwall)
- Draw prizes and category winner prizes
- Food packages provided at event finish. Delicious!
Recommended protective gear
Full-face helmets are recommended for all participants. Knee pads are recommended as well as elbow pads, gloves and eyewear.