Team Yukon training program
Last update: September 22, 2021
One of Cycling Association of Yukon’s responsibilities is to train and send youth athletes to Canada Summer Games events.
Led by coaches Hudson Lucier (mountain bike) and Trena Irving (road) we are starting to prepare ourselves for the next Canada Summer Games in Niagara, Ontario. For cycling, this means mountain bike and road teams.
Our goal is to send female and male athletes to these events in August 2022.
We also want to send a mountain bike and road team to Newfoundland and Labrador in 2025.
Get more information about Team Yukon.
Looking for interested athletes
Canada Summer Games is for youth between the ages of 16 to 21.
- For the 2022 event, we are seeking youth who are 15 to 20 years old today.
- For the 2025 event, youth who are 12 years or older are welcome to start with us now.
Athletes will train with our coaches on bike skills, strength training and intensity work. We will set goals with each person with the plan to not only improve technical skills, but become better all-around athletes. There will also be races to participate in.
All you need is a bike and a commitment and passion for improving yourself.
How to register for the Team Yukon training program
Mountain bike - Winter training program
- We start training on Friday, September 24, 2021 and will finish on Friday, April 29, 2022. Training will take place once a week on Friday evenings from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- There will be 30 weekly practices, with the exception of 2 weeks off at Christmas and New Years.
- Location will be in Whitehorse at the Mt. McIntyre mountain bike trails and Canada Games Centre. If you have or can borrow a fat bike, we will go fat biking in winter.
- Cost is $240 for the program. You need a 2021 CAY membership to participate, which is $30 for youth (under 17) or $45 if you’re 17 and older; another will need to be purchased in 2022.
- Athletes will also need to purchase a Canada Games Centre membership which is $155 for 6 months or $286 for 1 year. This gives them access to all of CGC’s facilities.
- Email email@example.com if you have questions.