Midnight Dome Enduro
Event type(s)Kids and youth Mountain bike: Enduro
Organizer Cycling Association of Yukon
Insurance coverage Included with CAY membership
Community Dawson City
Join us in Dawson City for the Midnight Dome Enduro. This is a fun, community-oriented event with incredible trails, prizes and swag!
Open to all ages. Kids 12 years or younger need to ride with an adult.
A portion of each event registration will be donated to help maintain and build new trails on the Midnight Dome.
Register for event
There is a limit of 80 entry spots (50 adults and 30 youth) available, so register today!
- We start at Crocus Bluff baseball field and a shuttle will take everyone to the top
- Midnight Dome trails we’ll ride include Pay Dirt, Nänkäk Zu', Tyhoid Descent, Dome Dive, Dome uptrack, Hammarstrand, Dish Pig, Buried Treasure, Crocus Ridge and Supply and Demand
- We finish back at Crocus Bluff with a BBQ provided by Dawson City Volunteer Fire Department
- Total of about 20 km
View course map
- We will be using Strava to time segments
- Riders will leave at 1 minute intervals
We start and finish at Crocus Bluff baseball field. Corner of Dome Road and Klondike Highway.
Event start and finish times
- Youth (under 17) event will start at 10 a.m. and finish at 11:30 a.m. Meet at Crocus Bluff at 9:30 a.m., ready to ride. There will be a shuttle to take everyone up the mountain. Participants who are 12 years or younger need to ride with an adult who is registered to participate in the event or has signed a release waiver on-site
- Participants who want to ride in the morning youth event and in the adult event will be permitted, but you have to be at least 13 years old to ride in the afternoon. This is because we’ll be on more difficult trails
- Adult (17 and older) event will start at 12:30 p.m. and finish at 3:30 p.m. Meet at Crocus Bluff at 12 p.m., ready to ride. There will be a shuttle to take everyone up the mountain
- BBQ for everyone at Crocus Bluff starts at 3:30 p.m.
Adults (17 and older) are $35. You also need a CAY membership ($45) to participate. There are a maximum of 50 entry spots available.
Youth (under 17) are free ($0). You need to sign a release waiver or have a CAY membership ($30) to participate. There are a maximum of 30 entry spots available.
What you’ll get with your registration
As part of your registration you will receive:
- Free shuttle rides back up the mountain. Youth event has 1 shuttle up, adult event has 2 shuttles up. You can also ride up on your bike, true enduro style
- A Midnight Dome Enduro branded buff
- A Midnight Dome Enduro race plate for your bike
- Lunch will be provided by Dawson City General Store
- BBQ for everyone after the adult event is over (burger, chips and drink)
- Amazing prizes to be won
- Discounted room rates at the Eldorado Hotel
Recommended protective gear
Full-face helmets are recommended for all participants. Knee pads are recommended as well as elbow pads, gloves and eyewear.
Accommodations in Dawson City
We have struck a deal with the Eldorado Hotel to offer discounted room rates for participants and others attending the Midnight Dome Enduro.
- Standard room with 2 double beds or 1 queen size bed is $119 per night, plus 5% GST
- Executive suite with 2 queen beds is $159 per night, plus 5% GST
- Rates are based on single or double occupancy. Additional guests are subject to a charge of $15 per person, per night, plus GST. Maximum occupancy for a room with 2 double beds or 2 queen beds is 4 persons. For those travelling with children 12 and under, there is no charge provided they stay in the same room as a registered parent/guardian
- These rates are valid August 20 and 21, 2021
- Your stay at the Eldorado Hotel is eligible for the Yukoner Travel Rebate Program
Phone 1-800-764-3536 (in Northern BC and Yukon) or 867-993-5451 to book. You can also book online. If booking over the phone, ask for the Midnight Dome Enduro Mountain Bike Race Event rate. If booking online, put the same rate name in the comments box.