Looking for youth competitive cycling team athletes
One of Cycling Association of Yukon’s responsibilities is to train and send youth athletes to Canada Summer Games events.
Led by coaches Hudson Lucier (mountain bike) and Trena Irving (road) we are starting to prepare ourselves for the next Canada Summer Games in Niagra, Ontario. For cycling, this means mountain bike and road teams.
Our goal is to send female and male athletes to these events in August 2022.
We also want to send a mountain bike and road team to Newfoundland and Labrador in 2025.
Get more information about Team Yukon.
Looking for interested athletes
Canada Summer Games is for youth between the ages of 16 to 21.
- For the 2022 event, we are seeking youth who are 15 to 20 years old today.
- For the 2025 event, youth who are 12 years or older are welcome to start with us now.
Athletes will train with our coaches several days per week on bike skills and intensity work. We will set goals with each person with the plan to not only improve bike skills, but become better all-around athletes. There will also be races to participate in.
All you need is a bike and a passion for improving yourself.
How to register for the Team Yukon training program
- A free orientation session will be held with coach Hudson Lucier on Tuesday, May 11 from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Meet at the Mount McIntyre Recreation Centre upper parking lot (by the tennis courts) and bring your bike, helmet and mask.
- We start training on Thursday, May 13 and will finish on Thursday, August 19, 2021. Training will take place twice a week on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- Cost is $60 for the program. You also need a CAY membership to participate, which is $30 for youth (under 17) or $45 if you’re 17 and older.
- Email email@example.com if you have questions.